- It always takes me ages to think of random things. Well actually I think of heaps of them and then consider what people will think of my list and decide against it and go round and round in my head trying to think of ‘acceptable’ random things.
- My self confidence has dropped considerably since becoming a mother. I hate to admit this. I think it is because although in many ways, my children have brought out the best in me, the pressure of parenthood has also brought me face to face with my most terrible attributes that hardly surfaced before. (Like a toothpaste tube, what’s inside will come out under pressure) I’ve been shocked at how angry and selfish I can be. This is not nice. (There’s an excellent post about motherhood and anger which I’d recommend to any mother to read. It’s by Carrien at She Laughs at the Days.)
- And now to be less serious; my toes are in height order. I know, that sounds ridiculous, but some peoples’ second toe is longer that their big toe. Mine is not, and so they are in a neat little row, like the Von Trapp family. I like that.
- I’m not afraid of heights but I am afraid of falling. Again. Sounds ridiculous. But let me explain. Top of Table Mountain leaning over a cliff? No problem. Auckland’s Sky Tower, looking through glass floor? No problem. Leaning over a railing on a tall building? No problem. Standing on the top rung or second to top rung of a 6 foot ladder? Decidedly nervous and sweaty palms. This is because I doubt my own physical ability. I know that the mountain or building won’t crumble beneath me, but I’m not so sure that I won’t lose my balance on a ladder. Also, I suck at rock climbing for the same reason. I’ve only ever done indoor climbing and I’m fine until I have to take a risk and let go of one hand hold to get to another or something like that.
- I remember pulling the hair of a little girl in my class when I was 5 years old. I think it was a one off event. She was from Africa (I think) and I was curious about her tightly curled hair. I remember grabbing a handful and pulling quite hard. Poor little thing. I still think of her and feel bad about what I did.
- My favourite outfit (most reflective of me, most comfortable) is a pair of jeans, t-shirt and jacket. Jandals most of the year would suit me fine.
- I simply cannot resist chocolate and if there’s some in the house, it’s only a matter of time.
- When I was in high school considering a career, I couldn’t think of anything I wanted to do other than nursing. If I had to do it all over again, I’d more than likely do the same.
Edited to Add: Whoops I forgot the rules.
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.